The Office of the Vice President for Research is pleased to announce the Research Excellence Program (REP) for the 2015-2016 academic year.
The primary goal of the Research Excellence Program (REP) is to provide seed funding to promote, support, and enhance the research, scholarship, and creative endeavors of faculty at UConn, including (but not limited to) the strategic and emerging areas delineated in the Academic Plan. As an outcome of these awards, recipients are expected to submit proposals to extramural sponsors (federal, state, private, industry, or foundation sponsors) and/or carry out activities consistent with the highest standards of accomplishment in their discipline. The REP is designed to assist faculty, regardless of rank, in all areas of scholarly work and to facilitate the competitiveness of extramural funding opportunities as well as contribute to UConn’s national and international reputation as a premier research university.
Two broad categories of competitive awards are available. Proposals should be submitted to the category that best represents the project’s goals, methods of study, and expected outcomes rather than a specific discipline or area of study.
o Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, and Social Sciences
- Single PI awards capped at $25,000
- Multi-PI awards capped at $50,000
- Proposals should emphasize how the research will advance knowledge in the Sciences (basic and applied life science, physical sciences, mathematical science, social and behavioral sciences), Technology, Engineering, or Society (applied research, interdisciplinary research)
o Fine Arts, Humanities, Business, Law, and Engagement
- Single PI awards capped at $10,000
- Multi-PI awards capped at $25,000
- Proposals should emphasize how the research, project, or scholarship will advance the arts, humanities, business, law, education, creative endeavors, or engaged scholarship (community partnerships, evaluation research, participatory research)
o Letter of Intent must be submitted by 11/20/2015
o Full proposals must be submitted by 12/18/2015
o Notification of awards will be made by 5/1/2016
Program requirements are available at http://research.uconn.edu.
For further information, contact: email@example.com