The Humanities Institute is pleased to announce that the following projects have been granted seed money as a Humanities Institute Initiative.
Recognized both for their keen scholarly engagement and for their potential as recipients of major external funding grants, the following projects represent the best of the new digital scholarship in the humanities:
- Anke Finger, Literature, Culture and Languages: “ReMEDIAting Flusser”
- Brendan Kane, History: “Reading Early Modern Irish: A Digital Guide to Irish Gaelic (c.1200-1650)”
- Gregory Colon Semenza, English: “The History of World Literatures on Film: Web Resource”
- Roger Travis, Literature, Culture and Languages: “An open-source platform for practomimetic, game-based learning”
- Fiona Vernal, History: “Upper Albany Documentation Project (Hartford, CT)”
We congratulate these outstanding scholars and wish them the best for their year at the Institute.